Appendix A. Survey
James River Transit Survey
James River Transit is considering the implementation of a regularly scheduled bus route system. A regularly scheduled bus route system is a service provided on a repetitive, fixed-schedule basis along a specific route with vehicles stopping to pick up and deliver passengers to specific locations.
A rider boards a bus at 15 minutes past the hour at a scheduled bus-stop. The rider gets off the bus at another bus-stop located at the Jamestown Mall at 30 minutes past the hour. An hour later, the rider boards the same bus at 30 minutes past the hour at the Jamestown Mall and returns to their original bus-stop at 15 minutes past the following hour.
Implementing fixed-route service will add flexibility to the current system allowing able riders to travel without calling ahead or waiting for the existing dial-a-ride service. The existing dial-a-ride transit service is transportation that provides door-to-door service on demand to a number of travelers with different needs. The following survey is designed to gain a better understanding of the James River Community towards a regularly scheduled bus route system and its benefits.
Once all of the surveys are collected a drawing will be held for Buffalo bucks to be used at local Jamestown businesses. The prizes will consist of two $50 buffalo bucks prizes, two $25 buffalo bucks prizes, and two $10 buffalo bucks prizes.
If you would like to be considered for the drawing please indicate your Name, Address, and Phone number below.
Thank you for your time and participation!!!
Phone Number: _________________
- What kind of transportation do you use? (please check all that apply)
- Personal automobile with a driver
- Drive Myself
- Family Members
- How frequently do you travel?
- 2 - 3 times per week
- Once a week
- Less than once a week
- Have you used James River Transit?
- How would you rate the current James River Dial-A-Ride service?
- Very Good
- Very Poor
- Can you use regularly scheduled bus route service?
- If there was regularly scheduled bus route service available in Jamestown, how often would you use the service?
- 1 to 5 times a week
- 1 to 4 times a month
- Less than once a month
- Don't Know
- What time of day do you currently ride James River Transit?
- 8 - 10 am
- 10 - 12 am
- 12 - 2 pm
- 2 - 4 pm
- 4 - 6 pm
- Where do you normally travel? (check all that apply)
- County Market
- Human Service Center
- Post House
- MeritCare Clinic
- Dakota Clinic
- MedCenter One
- State Hospital
- If regularly scheduled bus route service were available are there reasons that you may not use it?
- Can't get to or from bus stop
- Need assistance to board, ride, and get off
- Busy intersection
- Don't know
- Other reason__________________
- Would you use regularly scheduled bus route service if it was less expensive than dial-a-ride service?
- What advantages do you see to using regularly scheduled bus route service? (check all that apply)
- Less expensive
- Scheduled service
- Environmentally friendly
- Don't know
- Do you need help getting in and out of vehicles?
- How can we encourage the use of regularly scheduled bus route service?
- Increase routes and schedules
- Accessibility of stops/buses
- Don't know
- Are you interested in regularly scheduled bus route service travel training?
- Age _______
- Household Income ($)
- 0 - 15,000
- 15,001 - 30,000
- 30,000 - 45,000
- 45,000 - 60,000
- 60,000 or more
- Highest Education Attainment
- Some high school
- High school graduate
- 1-2 years post secondary
- 4 year college degree
- Some graduate education
- Graduate degree
- Employment Status
- Employed full-time
- Employed part-time
- Suggestions for improving the current James River Transit Dial-A-Ride Service