The Upper Great Plains Transportation Institute (UGPTI) is a research, education, and outreach center at North Dakota State University which is guided, in part, by an advisory council composed of representatives of various organizations, industries, and agencies affecting or affected by transportation.
Providing innovative transportation research, education, and outreach that promote the safe and efficient movement of people and goods.
- Research — Conducting applied and advanced research in highway, transit, rail, air, and waterway transportation that addresses the critical issues of the state, region, and nation.
- Education — Educating the transportation workforce of tomorrow through multidisciplinary curricula that focus on transportation economics, management, infrastructure planning, mobility, and supply chain logistics.
- Outreach — Improving the skills and knowledge of the existing workforce through training, technical assistance, and the transfer of research results to practitioners.
Be the premier university transportation center.
UGPTI staff and students are dedicated to:
- Service — Providing QUALITY SERVICE to our stakeholders
- Excellence — Achieving EXCELLENCE in our research, education and outreach efforts
- Reputation — Maintaining a level of TRUST and an exceptional REPUTATION
- Value — Adding VALUE and KNOWLEDGE to the transportation community
- Integrity — Demonstrating INTEGRITY and RELIABILITY in our efforts and interactions
- Creativity / Innovation — Encouraging CREATIVITY and INNOVATON
- Education — Advancing LEARNING opportunities by promoting continuing education